Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Bites

Last weekend I had dinner at one of my friend's homes and I offered to bring an appetizer. I found this healthy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Bites and had been wanting to try it so this was the perfect opportunity. They were super easy to make and they turned out to be delicious!! I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Eat Yourself Skinny. I also stole the picture from her website as I forgot to take one, but they basically looked the same! ;)


Buffalo Chicken Bites
3 c. of shredded cooked chicken
1/3 c. hot sauce (I used Green Mill brand)
3 1/2 oz. fat free cream cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar 
1/4 c. red onion
1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 c. Corn Flakes cereal, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, hot sauce, and cream cheese. Mix well. Stir in cheddar cheese and onions and set aside. Using three separate bowls, set out flour, egg and crushed Corn Flakes. Scoop out chicken mixture and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Next dip in flour, then egg and last coat with cereal. Repeat this until all the balls are complete. 

Place balls on cookie sheet (no need to grease) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment