Friday, October 26, 2012

Wine Country

After a much needed vacation to wine country, I've now been back to work for a full week and feel back in the swing of things. This trip to Napa was my first and it was AMAZING!!!! Not only was the trip amazing because we ate delicious food and drank wine pretty much all day and night, everyday, but I can confidently say that I am far more knowledgeable about wine. I used to simply drink a glass of wine, but now I feel my understanding of wine has changed simply drinking it, into an experience for each new sip. I've also learned that I'm far more critical of the wines I try.

While in Napa we decided to join a wine club at the vineyard we liked most. We are now Chappellet Wine Club members. Our first six bottles of wine were shipped out this past Monday. I'm looking forward to receiving the package and enjoying each different wine over the course of the next few months until the next shipment arrives with six more new flavors! For those of you who like wine and haven't been to wine country, add it to your list of trips because it is a MUST!! YUM!! I can't wait for the next eight hours to fly by because I'm thinking wine is in order with dinner this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment