Monday, October 1, 2012

Becoming an Electrician...

My husband and I have decided to slowly, but surely, update things in our home. This weekend we took a trip to Menards and purchased a new light fixture, switchplate covers as well as vents for the piano room. When we returned home, I decided I wanted to do the handiwork. My husband walked me through installing the light fixture (then took a nap while I got to work). After an hour and a half of trial and error, the light was up and working!

I attempted to put the switchplate covers on as well, but our home was built in the 50s and in order to put new switchplate covers on, we also will need to replace the actual light switch itself. Another project for another day. Ultimately, the point of this post is that anyone can become an electrician like I did (I suggest doing your work while it's still light outside)! ;)

1. Put your handy-dandy headlamp on.
2. Read the instructions and start the installation (instructions before insallation may buy you time in the end).
2. Connect the wires and attach the light bulbs to check for success.

3. If the test worked, finish attaching to the ceiling and applaud your handiwork!
4. Notice it's a little crooked, but don't tell anyone because from the ground up you can't tell! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment